Contract Type: Fixed Term/Full time or Part time
About our School
Kolbe Catholic College is a co-educational Year 7 â 12 school serving the people of the northern suburbs of Melbourne and is named after St Maximilian Kolbe. His legacy is a story of heroism, courage and self-sacrifice; a beacon of hope for the future. The college motto, Faith, Courage, Compassion, encompasses the legacy of St Maximilian Kolbe and a vision to provide students with every opportunity to make the most of what life has to offer, to strive to be their very best and be inspired to serve others.
We are currently seeking Tutors to assist and support our students to develop their literacy, numeracy and academic skills. Applications are welcomed from:
* University students currently undertaking a Bachelor of Education;
* VIT registered teachers; or
* Qualified speech therapists or occupational therapists.
University Students enrolled in an Education Degree who have been granted Permission to Teach - or who are interested in seeking Permission to Teach - are encouraged to apply. Full time and part-time positions are available. Part-time positions and contact times can be negotiated to accommodate university commitments.
Skills and experience
Applicants to the position should be able to demonstrate
- a proven commitment to Catholic education and faith development an understanding and acceptance of the College ethos
- sound organisational and administrative skills
- highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to
liaise and communicate effectively with people at all levels and from
- a proven capacity to work independently and effectively in the face of
changing priorities, deadlines and pressures
- an excellent understanding of the Victorian Curriculum
- exemplary teaching skills and practices
Please note you will be required to upload a cover letter and resume and
complete our application form via our website
A job description is available on the College website.
Applications close 4pm Friday the 22nd of July.
Kolbe Catholic College is committed to the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children in our care, including maintaining compliance with the Child Safety Code of Conduct.